Before school shopping happens, lets take a look at our closets first. We need to clear some space before we hit the racks. Here are a few quick tips to clean out and sort through your families wardrobes.
As you hold each piece, ask yourself the 7 following questions:
- Does this fit?
- Have I worn this in the last 12 months?
- Is it likely I will ever wear this again?
- Is this currently in style, and/or does this still accurately represent my style?
- If this is damaged in any way (e.g., piling, rips, stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, fading, etc.), will I actually make the effort to get this repaired in the near future?
- If I was shopping right now, would I buy this?
- And most importantly: Do I feel confident when I wear this?
If you answer a firm “no” to any of the above, it’s time to say sayonara and decide whether to sell, donate, swap, or toss the item.
Be Clean, Be Happy, Be Healthy