How can we bring back the feeling we first had after buying our new home? The excited feeling of having a blank canvas to fill in with love and memories. Making your house the welcoming home it used to be is simpler than you think. Here are a few tips to fall back in love with your home!
- Bring in New Scents: The smell of your house can influence how long you stay in a room, your overall mood and the willingness to maintain conversation. Use candles and oils to bring inviting scents into your home. Our favorite scents this month are: Cinnamon Vanilla, Fresh Linen, and Pumpkin Latte.
- Spiff Things Up: Take a few minutes each day to tidy up around the house. Whether this is, mopping the floors, dusting, or even cleaning the windows. It is amazing how 15 minutes can add the needed sparkle and shine to your home that you might be missing now.
- Embrace Nature: Having plants in your home can add clean air and help spruce up your space. If you don’t have much of a green thumb just adding fresh flowers in your entryway, kitchen, or den can help “liven” up your space.
- Say Goodbye: To Clutter! The easiest way to open up any space is by getting rid of clutter. Eliminating unused furniture and trinkets will help eliminate the stress associated within your home. A good rule of thumb when sorting through clutter is, if you don’t use it or love it, get rid of it!
- Think of Others: After you have sorted through your house, consider donating gently used items to your local non profits. CC’s local recommendations for donations are: Christian Community Action, Goodwill, and the Salvation Army.
- Add Texture: Fall is the perfect time of the year to add texture to your home! Having texture helps add dimension to your home and instantly makes any room more interesting. Add pillows, plush throws and rugs, or even unique furniture pieces to cozy up your space.
– CC –