Do you have a smelly trash can? Try these trash can deodorizer tabs. They are easy to make and work really well.
How to make trash can deodorizer tabs:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 6-8 tablespoons of water
- Essential oils (optional)
- Mix the baking soda and essential oils. How much and what kind of essential oils is up to you. I used around a teaspoon of orange essential oils. Just add until the amount of scent is to your preference.
- Slowly add the water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after you add. Once the mixture feels a bit like wet sand and when you pack it, it keeps it’s shape, stop adding water.
- Spoon the mixture into a silicone mold (an ice tray can work too) and pack it in firmly.
- Store the trash can deodorizer tabs in an air tight container. Add one or two to the bottom of your trash can as needed.
- It’s fun to experiment with the scents for these. I plan to make some with orange, cinnamon, and clove around the holidays. These can also be used in your fridge in place of a box of baking soda. They also would be great for diaper pails!
Hopefully this quick an easy hack can bring back the fresh scent into your home. Feel free to experiment with the scents, right now we tried pumpkin and cinnamon for fall!
Be Clean, Be Happy, Be Healthy