Today our kiddos go back to school! Excited about a new year of school spirit, the spirit of summer may still be present in our homes. With these few tips we can help you get back into the swing of things, for a successful new school year!
1. Go through your home and make a list of anything that you don’t need anymore (old school supplies, clothes, toys, old appliances, furniture, etc.). Either donate these items, give them away to friends and family, or throw them out. It is a lot easier to clean with less clutter in the house.
2. Start the cleaning in your kids rooms. Have your kids clean and organize their bedrooms and bathrooms to give them a fresh start to the school year. In theory, these rooms will stay cleaner longer because they have done the work themselves. Make sure they have everything they need to get ready for those early school mornings. Sort through old school supplies and make a list of anything you need to buy for the new school year.
3. Clean out your coat closet and mudroom to create space for your kids’ backpacks, sports or music equipment, and other school gear. Consider installing hooks or cubbies for a place to put the everyday important items. This will help you and your children remain organized throughout the school year.
4. Once you’ve taken care of the kids’ areas, it is now time to clean the kitchen, eating areas, and laundry room. Make sure to clean all of the counter tops, tables, and each appliance (refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine, etc.) thoroughly. Tell the kids you’re making room to display their new school masterpieces they will be bringing home!
5. Your carpet and tile areas need extra attention to eliminate the summer grim and dirt from where your kids were running in and out of the house all summer long.
Thanks to ZeroREZ carpet cleaning for these great tips!
Be Clean, Be Happy, Be Healthy