In the spirit of the season we take a look at 12 spooky good cleaning tips to keep your home clean this Halloween!
- Have marker stains on your wood? Use toothpaste to scrub off those pesky stains.
- De-stink your garbage disposal by running a few lemon rinds through it with cold water.
- Rub a cut lemon over your cutting board to remove stains and smells. For a little extra cleaning, sprinkle it with baking soda first.
- Use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels. They’re reusable and more inexpensive than paper towels.
- When vacuuming, start in the farthest corner and work toward the door. Be sure to use slow, repetitive front-to-back motions in an overlapping sequence.
- Make a lost and found for your home. Use a lidded storage container to stash stray buttons, lost game pieces, and other similar items.
- Use a lint roller to remove pet hair and cobwebs from your screen doors.
- Put a few splashes of Pine-Sol in the bottom of your toilet brush container. This will keep your bathroom smelling fresh, and it acts as a disinfecting cleaner for your brush.
- Fill a sandwich bag with white vinegar and place it on your shower head. Leave it on overnight. In the morning, your shower head will be free of dirt and grime.
- Does your drain move slower than tar? Mix ½ cup baking soda and ½ cup vinegar and pour it in the drain. Cover the drain with a wet cloth, let it sit for five minutes, and then flush with steaming-hot water.
- Use a 4-in plastic putty knife to scrape off scum on the tile in your showers and tubs. The trick is to wait until the surface is dry.
- To clean the top of your ceiling fan, wrap a dryer sheet around a painting roller and dust away.
Be Clean, Be Happy, Be Healthy