In a nonscientific poll conducted by yours truly, we asked Flower Mound residents to share with us the most frustrating thing to clean in their homes. The answers varied between things like vacuuming and cleaning baseboards, but for the most part, the overwhelming answer was windows. Want to know why? Few people know how to achieve streak-free windows.
We’re sure this has happened to you a thousand times over: You grab the ol’ towel and cleaner and vigorously wipe down every window in your living room, kitchen, and bedroom. They’re clean as a whistle, too. But there are streaks everywhere!
Why oh why?! Window cleaning shouldn’t be this difficult.
Whether you hire Cox Cleaning in Flower Mound to clean your home or you choose to tidy up the small things yourself, you deserve streak-free windows. And we’re here to get you there! The good news is that those pesky streaks likely aren’t your fault. From improper technique to using the wrong cleaner and materials, there are a number of reasons why you can’t quite achieve streak-free windows. So let’s look at a few simple changes you can make to ensure a more satisfying experience.
It’s time to get that streak-free shine!
Constantly having streaky windows is not a fun experience. They look bad and accumulate to the point where you can’t even look out the window and see what’s happening outside. Here are a few tips to try:
- Consider using distilled water — Tap water may look clean and be safe to drink, but most people don’t realize that it’s also extremely high in mineral content. This is what is known as “hard water.” These minerals create a sticky, leftover residue and streaks that are very difficult to remove, even if the windows are technically clean. Distilled water is a type of purified water and does not have calcium, magnesium, and other minerals. Not only will distilled water help you achieve streak-free windows, but it will likely react better with the soap and cleaner that you’re currently using.
- Avoid paper towels — Another reason why you’re struggling with streaks could be what you’re using to wipe everything down. Paper towels are the worst thing you can use on glass. Instead, use two microfiber cloths — one to wipe the wet surface thoroughly and the other to polish. Doing this increases the odds of no streaks or leftover lint.
- Don’t rely on traditional glass cleaners from the store — Many of these products promise a streak-free shine but don’t always deliver. Plus, they can get expensive. We tell our clients to mix white vinegar with distilled water in a 1:1 ratio to remove stains and grime on their windows without leaving behind streaks. You can also use liquid dish soap (three drops in a gallon of water).
- If cloths aren’t working, consider a squeegee — Microfiber cloths are great, but the squeegee is often the window cleaning tool of choice for professional cleaning companies like Cox Cleaning. They are effective because of the rubber blade, which easily glides over flat surfaces and achieves streak-free windows in half the time it would take to wipe and dry.
- Minimize suds — Many people think working up a nice lather is the best way to clean windows. The reality is that all those extra suds leave your windows covered in ugly streaks. So avoid the temptation and go easy on the soap. Like we said earlier, three drops of liquid dishwashing soap will due.
- Hire a cleaning service — If you’re truly fed up with the tedious and repetitive nature of window cleaning, give Cox Cleaning a call. A professional residential cleaning service ensures that your home stays clean longer. That includes windows!
Call Cox Cleaning For Streak-Free Windows Today!
Cox Cleaning in Flower Mound, TX, has been making lasting “clean” impressions for 23 years. We are a top-rated residential cleaning service, and we continue to thrive because we live here, love to serve our community, and genuinely care about cleaning homes in Denton County for an attractive price.
Your home should be a private space reserved for your family and friends. This is why we thoroughly clean your home and relieve you of the stress associated with cleaning.
Working with Cox Cleaning gives you more time, energy, and freedom to enjoy your home. Request your free cleaning estimate online or call us at 972-355-5100.