Most homeowners likely think of house cleaning as this monumental chore that takes huge chunks of time to finish. But it certainly doesn’t have to be that way. Take the kitchen, for example. We’d bet you think the kitchen is the most time-consuming space to clean compared with every other area of the house. After all, this is where you and your family spend most of your time cooking, eating, and entertaining guests. It can get nasty pretty quickly. The reality, however, is that you can totally clean your kitchen in 10 minutes or less.
Granted, we’re not talking about a deep cleaning here. But the results can be just as impressive in the shortest time possible, especially for families who need things to be clean but don’t have the time, energy, or willingness to give up an entire weekend.
Here are a few tips to knock out even the dirtiest kitchen space in no time at all.
Have 10 Minutes to Spare?
Before you and your family attempt to set a new record for cleaning your kitchen in 10 minutes or less, you need to go in with a plan. Have all your cleaning equipment out and ready to go, and be thinking about where you want to start. Perhaps the first step is to take out the trash. Or maybe the kitchen countertops and stovetop are your nastiest areas. Have a plan of attack.
Here’s what we suggest …
- Divide and conquer — The quickest way to clean is to have help. Ask your spouse and kids to spare 10 minutes and join you in the kitchen. From there, start by removing anything that doesn’t belong. Toss used dish towels into the laundry basket, and sort that massive pile of junk mail on the island. Anything that should be in the pantry can be returned to their rightful place. If you’ve got little kids who like to leave their shoes lying around randomly on the kitchen floor … get them outta there, too!
- Take out the trash — Pull the trash can over and toss anything that can be thrown away. This might include that empty box of Mac N Cheese your husband forgot to toss, empty spice jars, empty paper towel holders, etc. Once you get someone to take out the trash, be sure someone else swoops behind them to put a new trash bag back in the can.
- Load the dishwasher — If you’re like most busy homeowners, your sink is probably overloaded with dirty dishes, glasses, pots, pans, etc. So let’s get them into the dishwasher as fast as possible. Fill the sink with soapy water and start washing off some of the dirtier bowls and plates while your team unloads whatever clean items are already in the washer. Then start reloading.
- Wipe down the sink and countertops — Now that you’ve removed all the dirty dishes, it’s time to clean off the countertops and wash out the sink. Throw a wet sponge into the microwave for one minute and use this with a combination of disinfectant wipes and spray cleaners to wipe away stains, crumbs, dirt, and grime. Don’t forget the stovetop, oven, and the inside of the microwave!
- Sweep the floors — This is pretty self-explanatory!
- Put away your cleaning supplies and give yourselves a pat on the back! YOU DID IT!
Call Cox Cleaning Today!
Cox Cleaning in Flower Mound, TX, has been making lasting “clean” impressions for 23 years. We are a top-rated residential and commercial cleaning service, and we continue to thrive because we live here, love to serve our community, and genuinely care about cleaning homes and businesses in Denton County for an attractive price.
Your home should be a clean, inviting space that clients want to visit today, tomorrow, and for years to come.
Working with Cox Cleaning gives you more time, energy, and freedom to do what you do best. Request your free cleaning estimate online or call us at 972-355-5100.